Monday, February 7, 2011

Creamy Mashed Potatoes with Chives

Believe it or not but I had never tried preparing mashed potatoes at home.. Always ended up eating it in some fancy restaurant along with Roast lamb or some chicken dish.

The other day I was in my favourite shop, 'Godrej Nature's Basket' and found a bunch of luscious green chives while searching for parsley. I couldn't stop myself from picking it up and appreciating it. I knew what to do next:-)

Searched for a recipe and prepared the potatoes which according to my sis tasted as good as the restaurant one! The oniony flavour of chives added magic to the satiny texture of the potatoes. It looked so artistic too. This really simple dish made my day!





Ingredients

4 Big Potatoes boiled and peeled.
100ml cream or milk
2 tbsp butter
salt & pepper according to the taste
2tbsps or more finely chopped chives and two sprigs for the decoration

Preparation

While the potatoes are still steaming hot heat butter in a pan and add cream to it. Simmer for sometime till the butter melts. Break the potatoes with fork and add the butter-cream mixture along with salt & pepper. Keep mashing till it becomes smooth and there are no lumps. Finally mix in the finely chopped chives. Serve in a nice bowl and decorate with the chive sprigs.

2 comments:

  1. what are chives??? spring onions???

    ReplyDelete
  2. Chives are from the onion family. It's a herb which has an oniony or garlicy flavour to it.

    ReplyDelete